What is included in the free Photo Family Tree app with no paid account?
The free app is meant to give you a taste of the app’s capabilities before deciding for yourself if it makes sense to upgrade. For this reason, some of its features will lock after basic use. An upgrade is recommended to unlock more features and remove all restrictions.
What will I get if I upgrade to a paid account?
Upgrading to an account opens new possibilities within the app with these additional features.
- Expand your tree - add an unlimited number of members to your tree.
- Export your tree - save and share your tree with others as an image or a video file.
- Keep your tree safe & accessible - ensure your tree is backed up and access it from any iOS device.
- Discover similarity scores - see how similar the different family members in the tree are to each other.
- Related trees radar - get instant notifications on trees that share a relative with yours.
How to upgrade?
Upgrading is essential (and highly recommended) if you have invested time and effort in building your tree. Once you've reached the limit in the free app, your options will lock and you'll see an "Upgrade" screen.
Please note: plan types and prices may vary depending on limited-time promotions, time of year, location, and more.
Billing & managing an account
If you purchased a recurring plan, your payment and plan are automatically renewed at the end of each billing period. You can cancel at any time in the App Store’s subscription management area. To learn how to view and manage your subscription, read this.
Safe & secure payments
All account subscription purchases in the app go through (and are billed by) the App Store, using your credit card details associated with your account in those stores.
Need help and/or have more questions? Contact our support team for further assistance.
This page was last updated in February 2021