1. Place your photos on a smooth, even-colored background.
If you’re scanning photos inside a photo album, you can skip this tip. But if you are capturing individual photos scattered on a table or on any other surface, make sure the surface is smooth. Any color or material will do, as long as the surface is consistently even-colored.
2. Position the camera directly above your photos.
Make sure to hold your phone so it is parallel with the photos and not in an angle.
3. Have the photos take up as much space of the camera screen’s frame as possible.
The best way to do so is to hold your device close to the photo- so it takes up the maximum space inside the frame, with little margins as possible.
4. Make sure all 4 corners fit into the frame.
Ensure all four edges of the photo you want to scan fit into the scanning screen. The best way of doing so is having four corners of each photo visible inside the camera’s screen.
Additional tips to help you achieve the best scanning results:
- Scan during the day, in a bright room with plenty of natural light.
- Turn off the camera’s automatic flash (if it’s on).
- Turn off any lamps or artificial lighting
- For best image resolution, scan up to 2 photos at a time.
That’s it! You’re all set. Start scanning like a pro and whiz through entire photo albums in minutes!
Happy scanning :)